Re: Constantly changing libtool

From: Laurence Marks
Subject: Re: Constantly changing libtool
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:02:32 -0500

It is not timestamp issues, it is version issues -- e.g. libtool 2.4.2
versus 2.4.6 (for instance, those are just invented numbers). In many cases
aclocal, libtool, ltmain.sh and maybe a few others do not work if they were
created with a different autoXYZ version than is on the computer where they
are being installed. It seems to be "special" to libtool.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University