Re: rm -f # no more args failure?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: rm -f # no more args failure?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 17:42:04 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2021, Karl Berry wrote:

Does anyone here use or know of an active system where plain
 rm -f
with no arguments fails? I mean, exits with bad status?

I thought that systems deriving from OpenSolaris (e.g. Illumos, OpenIndiana, etc.) had that issue until ksh93 was fixed recently. However, testing in an empty directory on a system without the upated ksh93 this looks ok to me:

$ rm -f ; echo $?
0
$ rm -f * ; echo $?
0

so the issue that Automake encountered before must not be exactly that.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/