Re: How to speed up 'automake'

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: How to speed up 'automake'
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 14:47:21 -0600

    I was going to bisect but if it doesn't fail for me in the first place... :(

Thanks. Indeed, reconfiguring etc. got rid of those errors.

Now a bunch (12) of the Python tests are failing for me, presumably
because of previous Python changes not playing nicely with my older
Python version (2.7.5 on CentOS 7). Sigh. Not looking forward to
figuring that out.

Anyway, that's surely independent of empty dependency files,
so I pushed Jan's change. Thanks! --karl