coposys-dev

[Coposys-dev] rubdown

From: Frida Rubio
Subject: [Coposys-dev] rubdown
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:26:58 +0200

A woman came to look at the Studio flat and expressed herselfdelighted with it. Pillcrest was a small, spare woman with opaque blue eyes. That is evident, but at six tonight I have promised the key tothe waiting tenant!
The building contained several studios and was set inthe quiet corner of a Park. Humble people, here in my own town, wanted to seeand know about Art. Law does not require that such tenants be given notice. I could not get up the stairs fast enough, galloping all the way! Gran was neither clothed nor entirelybare. Pillcrest lay in a daze of poetry and tobacco smoke. Must I wait until their month is up toserve the customary notice?
What was it you were going to tell me about Silas Jones? After twenty-two years I sold the House of All Sorts. The canvases were stowed in racks in anante-room.
My change in thought andexpression had angered them into fierce denouncement.
In Victoria I had only come up against my own class.
The complete depletion of hot water and perpetual smell of burningsent me down to investigate.
Istepped forward, meaning to lay the things inside the door and goaway. I had a carpenter cut me a connecting door. I kept sketches inthis box and on its top stood a forest of paint brushes and turpentinebottles.
We replied, It is handy for those who walk in the Park. Ijumped out of bed, ran to the room above their flat, leaned outthe window.
Pillcrest said, and kissed the boysscowling face. Itseemed necessary for her to gesticulate with lighted cigarette asshe poemed. Their blinds never went up till noon was well past. Pillcrest madethem out of other things and basted him with them.
Thesquare ugliness of the apartment house cut us off from the publicityof tenants and the street. How was I going to face them tomorrow,burning with shame for my house?
We replied, It is handy for those who walk in the Park. My change in thought andexpression had angered them into fierce denouncement. They hadseen the crisis through without a murmur.
To expose athing deeper than its skin surface was to them an indecency.
Pillcrest is visiting; she will doubtless bereturning soon.
I like our underwear sunned, she said with hauteur.