Re: [DejaGnu] Sample DejaGnu test scripts

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] Sample DejaGnu test scripts
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:38:02 -0700

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 05:47:40PM -0600, Gabriela Montero wrote:

> I already have some test script written in Expect and I would like to
> see the difference with expect scripts written for DejaGnu.
> Could you provide me with any documentation source where I can see some
> samples of DejaGnu scripts?

  For expect based tests, the best one is the one I wrote for GDB, since
it does lots of interactive testing. There is also simple test cases
in the DejaGnu release for both itself (look in testsuite) and example.
The GDB testsuite you can get from http://sources.redhat.com.

  As a note, it's pretty easy to use any tests you have, especially if it
is already written in Tcl/expect. As far as documentation goes, there are
links on the web site (http://www.gnu.rog/software/dejagnu/) with versions
in html, ps, pdf, and rtf.

  One thing DejaGnu is really good at is running tests on remote systems,
embedded systems, etc...

        - rob -