Re: [DejaGnu] GUI Testing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] GUI Testing
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:21:58 -0600

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 01:02:57PM -0400, Bao Ha wrote:

> - dejgnu to remotely trigering the testing
> - android (http://www.smith-house.org/open.html) to
> manipulate the screen events.  If the GUI is on Windows,
> I will use VNC to bring it to the X, since android needs
> Xtest extension.
> - dump the screen shot after defined strategic events
> - comparing the jpeg

  Android is similar to the "remote control" app I was going to use, but
seems more complete. My basic idea was to wrap an API around something
like Android, so one can post and query X11 events. So you'd do something
like "push_button{name}", and then do a "query_button{name}" to see if
it changed state.

  As far as making sure the GUI looks right. you can grab a screenshopt, and
do a cmp of the bitmaps, but this isn't very useful if you switch monitors.
(resolution and palette changes)

        - rob -