Re: [DejaGnu] handling of errors in tests scripts

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] handling of errors in tests scripts
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:10:11 -0600

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 07:10:27PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> | code of the test suite. I might make it a command line option, since
> | I'm not sure one behaviour is any different from the other, depending
> | on personal preference.
>
> I agree with you that such a behaviour should be selected through a
> command line option.

  I just checked in a patch that does this. There is a new option,
--status (or just -st) that when supplied, makes runtest propogate an error
exit status to the shell, with the other nice side effect that you get to
see the Tcl error message get displayed. By default, the error messages are
hidden.

  Thanks for the suggestion!

        - rob -