Re: [DejaGnu] dumb user question

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [DejaGnu] dumb user question
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:37:02 -0600

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 05:08:00PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I am sure this should be a FAQ but can't find the answer. :(

  What FAQ ? :-)

> I want to compile all tests in a DejaGNU based testsuite
> without actually running them.  This is for basic checkout
> of gcc for cross targets where there is no simulator.

  Unfortunately, you can't really do this in an east way. You can
just specify the tests you want to run on the command line, (leaving
out gcc.execute, etc...). For GCC, this would be a cool feature, but
support would have to be added to the GCC testuite itself, not DejaGnu.
All they'd have to do is set a "don't execute" variable that specifies
not to run any tests that have to be executed.

        - rob -