Re: Getting remote_exec working via telnet or rsh

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Getting remote_exec working via telnet or rsh
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:54:58 -0600

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 10:28:54AM -0700, address@hidden wrote:

>   http://www.kegel.com/xgcc3/dejagnu.html

  I'm not so sure about the fragile part, but when it comes to cross testing,
everything is confusing. It's a complex problem. The doc sucks, cause obviously
I'm not a writer, and nobody else (excluding the tutorial) has ever really
added anything to it,

> Alternately, anyone know how to set up an rsh server on Red Hat Linux
> in a way that it actually accepts remote commands from unprivileged
> remote users?  I'm not sure it's possible with their stock rsh server.

  You have to add the users to the .rhosts on the target side, but as I see
from other messages, ssh is prefered. One silly question, if you are running
Linux on the target, why not just run the testcases natively ?

        - rob -