Re: Documentation questions

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Documentation questions
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:16:16 -0600

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 04:12:40PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Today I noticed (once again) that the Red Hat dejagnu RPM doesn't
> include any dejagnu documentation.

  Figures... My RPMs do. You might want to use the spec file in CVS on
savannah.

> I see in the gdb dejagnu tree, that this has been superceded by SGML
> documentation.  Is that correct?

  Correct. The only ones still adding stuff to the texi file work at Redhat...

> Is there any way to generate info docs from the SGML?

  Not that I'm aware of. Any info pages made off the texi file are gonna be
way, way out of date. I haven't maintained it for quite a few years.

> At the very least I suppose the RPM should install HTML versions of
> the docs.  Is that accurate?

  Yes. That's what I do. I build all the output formats, and include them
in the rpm. That way folks get html, ps, pdf, and rtf, without having to
install all the doctools. They then get stuck in /usr/share/dejagnu/html.

  Just as a note, I'm almost ready to do the 1.4.3 release. It may come out
in the next day or so, as soon as I can get my damn HPUX machine to stay up
and running long enough to run all the GDB/Binutils/GCC tests. (all the other
platforms tested fine)

        - rob -