Failed to compile in newlib testsuite

From: Brian.Kieft
Subject: Failed to compile in newlib testsuite
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:58:02 -0500

I'm attempting to run the testsuite provided with newlib 1.11.0 and am running
into a couple of problems. I've compiled and installed newlib in a Cygwin shell
for a powerpc-unknown-elf target. The install went fine and I've attempted  a
make check, runtest, etc and seem to get errors every time. I've set my DEJAGNU
environment variable to the following site.exp file:

# Make sure we look in the right place for the board description files.
if ![info exists boards_dir] {
    set boards_dir {}
}
lappend boards_dir "/usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards"
verbose "Global Config File: target_triplet is $target_triplet" 2
global target_list
case "$target_triplet" in {
    { "native" } {
       set target_list "unix"
       }
    { "powerpc-*elf" } {
    set target_list "powerpc-sim"
    }

 }

I then go to the /usr/local/src/newlib-1.11.0/newlib directory and configure it
for a powerpc-unknown-elf. Following that I do a make site.exp and a local
site.exp file is created. I then attempt a runtest and get the following:

Test Run By kieftbc on Fri Feb 28 11:52:33 2003
Native configuration is i686-pc-cygwin

        === newlib tests ===

Schedule of variations:
    powerpc-sim

Running target powerpc-sim
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/powerpc-sim.exp as board description file
for target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/sim.exp as generic interface file for target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/basic-sim.exp as board description file for
target.
Using ./testsuite/config/default.exp as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running ./testsuite/newlib.elix/elix.exp ...
Running ./testsuite/newlib.locale/UTF-8.exp ...
FAIL: Failed to compile UTF-8.c.

Running ./testsuite/newlib.locale/locale.exp ...
Running ./testsuite/newlib.search/hsearchtest.exp ...
FAIL: Failed to compile ./testsuite/newlib.search/hsearchtest.c.

Running ./testsuite/newlib.stdlib/atexit.exp ...
FAIL: Failed to compile atexit.c.

Running ./testsuite/newlib.string/string.exp ...
FAIL: Failed to compile ./testsuite/newlib.string/tstring.c.

Running ./testsuite/newlib.wctype/wctype.exp ...
FAIL: Failed to compile ./testsuite/newlib.wctype/tiswctype.c.

FAIL: Failed to compile ./testsuite/newlib.wctype/twctrans.c.

FAIL: Failed to compile ./testsuite/newlib.wctype/twctype.c.

        === newlib Summary ===
# of unexpected failures    7

Any idea what I'm missing here? Is this something that needs to run on the
target? This is the first time I've attempted using dejaGNU to run a testsuite
so  I apologize for any obvious stupidity. Thanks in advance,

Brian

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and
may be legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. This e-mail and its files are intended solely for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and their content
is the property of Smiths Aerospace.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the e-mail
administrator at address@hidden and then delete this
e-mail, its files and any copies.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of known computer viruses.

Smiths addresses are changing!  The new addresses are of the form
address@hidden  Please update your address
books!  Please begin using the new form immediately.