Re: Failed to compile in newlib testsuite

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Failed to compile in newlib testsuite
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:08:04 -0700

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 11:58:02AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Any idea what I'm missing here? Is this something that needs to run on the
> target? This is the first time I've attempted using dejaGNU to run a testsuite
> so  I apologize for any obvious stupidity. Thanks in advance,

  I have no WinDoze machines here, so I can't check under Cygwin. Usually
this is a problem getting fully linked executables for the target platform.
To see how DejaGnu is trying to build each test case, add "-v -v" to the
command line until you get the compilation and link line for the test case
displayed. That's what I would need to make a better guess.

  One note on cross testing is to make sure you can compile, link,
download, and execute a "Hello World" program first, before trying to
run the test suite on the target.

        - rob -