Re: troubles building dejagnu for Solaris9

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: troubles building dejagnu for Solaris9
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:26:45 -0600

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 02:21:18PM +0100, Miguel Sousa Filipe wrote:
> I am trying to build dejagnu for solaris9 on a sun fire r280, mainly for
> testing
> out my gcc build.
> But i'm having troubles, namely, after doing a apparently successefull
> ./configure
> the "make" gives me this:

> address@hidden /sysadm/dejagnu-1.4.3]# make
> Making all in doc
> make[1]: Entering directory `/sysadm/dejagnu-1.4.3/doc'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sysadm/dejagnu-1.4.3/doc'
> make[1]: Entering directory `/sysadm/dejagnu-1.4.3'
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/sysadm/dejagnu-1.4.3'

  As there is no C or C++ code that needs to get built for DejaGnu, just
"make" doesn't really do anything. The only code that has caused problems
for some people is the unit.cc test case, which can be ignored. I guess I
could make the top level "make" do nothing...

  Make check may fail, because many of the test cases test failures.

> I believe this isn-t the expected result, since nothing is build, and make
> check
> fails.
>
> looked for clues, help in http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/#installhgelp
> but that doesn't seem to be "implemented" :)

   Oops, there isn't an install section... DejaGnu is basically just a large
Tcl script, so installation is "make install". If you have Tcl and Expect
already installed, it should "just work".

        - rob -