Re: 'make check' failure in gcc-3.3 in x86->x86 cross build. How to deb

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: 'make check' failure in gcc-3.3 in x86->x86 cross build. How to debug dejagnu usage problems?
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:46:12 -0700

Rob Savoye wrote:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:09:48PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

My usual tools - find -name '*.exp', xarg, grep, a big printout, and a cross-reference - aren't helping enough.
I did see when I read through the source that there is a built-in debugger.
(I imagine I could set a breakpoint on setenv, say.)
When dejagnu wizards are tracking problems down, do they use the debugger, or what?

Actually, I do use the built in Expect/Tcl debugger. There are a few
commands I wrote to mimic GDB commands, but being able to set a breakpoint
is great. I wish I had had that ability during the first bunch of years I was
working on DejaGnu.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the way to go.  I'll try it out.

I believe these are the pages in your manual on the subject:
http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/debugging.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/builtins.html#DEBUGPROCS

Also, here's something you wrote that maybe should be folded into the manual?
http://korea.gnu.org/manual/untranslated/dejagnu/slideshow/tsld013.htm

Are there any pages about starting and using the interactive debugger somewhere?
Presumably it's a standard TCL thing, but I couldn't find anything about it
at scriptics or with google.  (I first used TCL in 1988 or so, but
that doesn't mean I know anything, it didn't stick.)

Thanks!
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel