Re: running tests on multiple targets

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: running tests on multiple targets
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:30:32 -0600

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:17:53AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Hmm.  http://www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu/manual/global.html sets target_list
> based on the value of target_triplet.
>
> Perhaps you should use a shell script to loop through various values
> of target, rather than having dejagnu do the loop?

  DejaGnu supports a "Global site.exp" file, that is basically a big
case statement. You can set target_list to the list of board names, and
then use the same tool chain and target triplet for all the tests. At one
point at Cygnus, we had a global config file that supported many dozens of
different target boards.

  There is an example one at gcc/contrib/regression/site.exp that reads:

global target_list

case "$target_triplet" in {
    { "powerpc*-*eabi*" } {
#       if { [info exists tool] && $tool == "gcc" } {
#           set target_list { "powerpc-sim{,-fpic}" }
#       } else {
            set target_list { "powerpc-sim" }
#       }
    }
    { "mips*-*-elf" } {
        set target_list { "mips-sim" }
    }

    default {
        set target_list { "unix" }
    }
}

  You can put pretty much any Tcl code you want in this file. This should also
be covered in the manual.

        - rob -