/tmp filling up when running gcc regression tests

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: /tmp filling up when running gcc regression tests
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:29:02 -0700

On a system with only 10 megabytes free on /tmp, I can't
run the gcc regression test suites easily because /tmp fills up.
Now, I ran two different times before I noticed it, so
maybe each run only fills it partway up.  Nevertheless,
it looks like something's whacked.  Anyone ever see this?
I know dejagnu caches uploaded files -- maybe too aggressively?

Here's what things look like after this happens:

# df /tmp
/tmpfs                   19456     19456         0 100% /
# ls /tmp/g++* | wc
    321     321   11221
# df /tmp
/tmpfs                   19456     19456         0 100% /
# ls /tmp | head
addr-const1.exe.25781
alias1.exe.25781
alias2.exe.25781