Re: Using telnet for remote testing

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: Using telnet for remote testing
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:45:11 -0600

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:23:56PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

> I think gdb uses telnet or ssh, and everything else uses rsh or ssh...

  rsh can also give you an interactive shell... The telnet support in DejaGnu
was written at that time to allow one to telnet to a serial port on the
terminal server we had all of Cygnus's eval boards plugged into. That wasn't a
true interactive session, it worked like a standard serial connection. I would
like to see your new telnet support when you feel it's cleaned up enough for
public consumption, but please make sure it doesn't break the existing
telnet functionality.

        - rob -