Re: new DejaGnu team member

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: new DejaGnu team member
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:37:25 -0400

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:01:26PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 04:08:13PM -0700, James Dein wrote:
>
> > I grabbed the HEAD from the server mentioned on the
> > www.gnu.org/software/dejagnu page, which I now know is the secondary
> > repo (but Rob keeps them synchronized).  I even renamed/checked-in the
>
>   I wouldn't quite say synchronized... more like I harvest the occasional
> patch made at RedHat every few months. The CVS tree on sources.redhat.com lags
> behind when it comes to bug fixes and new features, cause somebody there has
> to do a merge from savannah. It'll probably be painful...

Painful is a vast understatement, from the last time I tried this.
Rob, I may give it another shot this weekend.  The first step will be
merging formatting changes from one repo to the other, or possibly in
both directions; then I can see what's actually different...

> > BTW, when I built DG, somehow 2 of the configure scripts got locally
> > re-autoconf'd, with autoconf version 2.57.  (The originals seem to have
>
>   Automake generated makefiles will regenerate the files if it thinks there is
> a dependency problem.

I'd call "thinking" a bit of an exaggeration.  Sometimes it does it
because the moon is made of cheese.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz