Re: rsh -n again

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: rsh -n again
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:57:35 -0700

Ben Elliston wrote:
Dan Kegel <address@hidden> writes:

Unfortunately, that won't work.  In rsh_exec, dejagnu pipes
something into rsh via stdin, and -n would break that.  So I have a
pretty good feeling that inserting -n's into the rsh calls in
dejagnu that don't redirect stdin is indeed a good idea.

Can you determine how portable `-n' is?  Got any SunOS, Ultrix or old
HP-UX boxes? :-)

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi says it's in every version of
SunOS, Ultrix, and Dec OSF/1 it lists.

http://www.docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/otsearch/getfile?top=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90128/B2355-90128_top.html&id=/hpux/onlinedocs/B2355-90128/00/02/283-con.html&searchterms=rsh
says that remsh takes the -n flag in HP/UX 10 (and up, presumably).

I'd say it's probably safe... alternately, perhaps you could
redirect stdin to /dev/null yourself...
- Dan