Re: precompiled tests

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: precompiled tests
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:26:27 -0600

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:48:30PM -0500, George Kraft wrote:
> I am looking at the GCC 3.3.4 libstc++v3 tests and I'm trying to figure
> out how to build the tests once, then run the one set of binary images
> on multiple systems.  Currently, DejaGnu recompiles the libstc++v3 tests
> each time.

  Actually, this is more of a problem with the libstdc++ test driver, which is
where all the compilation goes on. That's where you'd have to make the change.
I imagine it's possible to to change this to compile the test cases only if
they don't exist, and the remove them optionally at runtime. This change would
in the libstdc++ test code. To do this for the GCC testsuite would require
changing the GCC test code in lib/gcc.exp. All DejaGnu does is supply the
infrastructure that enables the compilation to work regardless of whether this
is a native, or cross target. Whether a test case gets compiled is up to the
test driver of the application.

        - rob -