Re: starting gdb with modified PATH

From: Baurjan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: starting gdb with modified PATH
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:51:16 +0300

Hello, Michael!

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:42:43AM -0400, Michael Chastain wrote:
> > I need to start gdb with modified PATH. Is there an easy way to do that?
> Just set the path in your environment before you start dejagnu.

Um, I haven't expressed myself clear enough. What I want is to start the
gdb binary the testsuite wants with two different PATH values. That is,
gdb is the same for a given testsuite run, but the PATH variable is
different. I need this to test whether gdb looks in PATH to find a
binary. Within the test, I start gdb with the default PATH (as the user
who started dejagnu has it) first, then -- the same gdb with
$PATH:/mydir (in order to see whether gdb finds the binary in /mydir).

With kind regards,
Baurjan.