Re: [HOWTO] RE: dejagnu remote testing without rsh/rcp facilities on tar

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [HOWTO] RE: dejagnu remote testing without rsh/rcp facilities on target.
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:47:39 -0600

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Ok, so you have a command line listening over a serial port?  You could
> perhaps write a quick'n'dirty downloader using some ascii format (e.g. srec)
> couldn't you?  Anyway, even if you can't ...

  Many years ago I added the ability to GDB to convert any executable
file into SRecords, and download it via a serial port. You can also use
objcopy to do the same thing if you want to produce a disk file.

  Thanks for the new HOWTO! let me know if you ever get an urge to
rewrite that section of the DejaGnu manual. :-)

        - rob -