Re: my setup

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: my setup
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 19:41:39 +0200

Hello Rui,

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:13:22PM +0200, Rui Machado wrote:
> @Baurzhan: You told me that I can make a my_spawn procedure to do what I
> want like compile and execute the testcases. Do you have something similar?
> How do you do it?

No, I specify the test binaries in Makefile.am. What I'd meant in the
sure whether that would help.

> It's not the final way but can be another step in understanding all
> this..

I'm not aware of any solution doing what you want; I guess you'll have
to implement it yourself.

If I really wanted to implement this, I would start with a Tcl tutorial
and implement a single script under the testsuite dir, which would
traverse all the subdirs, look for *.c, build and execute them (being
aware that I reimplement some functionality provided by dejagnu).

I don't do this since it would cost me days (if not weeks), and the
number of test case source files isn't going to be more than 1000 in the
next 10 years, so I don't mind writing a path name once into Makefile.am
and once into the respective .exp file. Besides, my test cases are
called with various arguments, so I would have to maintain them
somewhere anyway.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.