Re: Remote testing

From: Rui Machado
Subject: Re: Remote testing
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 13:04:19 +0200

Hi,

Ok. I used --host_board together with --target_board and things look better.
In another thread to the ML, I said I'm using a program to launch my programs.

What I have is something like this:

set comp_output [target_compile simple.c simple executable ""]
set result [remote_load target launcher  simple]

After checking the output of debug, it seems that it is compiling remotely but generating a a.out file instead of simple (in this case)
Then is "downloads" a.out to my local machine as simple. OK!
When it goes for remote_load, the launcher tries to find the simple file but it can't find it. Again, I can be misunderstanding the messages.
for what I understand it goes like this:
- copy files to remote machine
- compile them there
- bring compiled files
- copy again for test
- run test

Is this correct?

I believe I'm close to the end, but....a few more steps are needed!

thx in advance to all,

--rui--

2006/5/10, Baurzhan Ismagulov <address@hidden>:
Hello Daniel,

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:14:52PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> You would need to use --host_board, most likely.

Oh, yes! This is trivial, yet it took me sooo long to understand!

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.