Integration of the TAT tool into dejagnu proposal

From: Franco Carbognani
Subject: Integration of the TAT tool into dejagnu proposal
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:25:12 +0200

Dear dejagnu mantainers,

Here at EGO (http://www.ego-gw.it), within the Virgo project, we are using a regression test tool named TAT
originally developed at ESO for the VTL project. (ftp://ftp.eso.org/pub/vlt/vlt/pub/releases/APR2003/vol-1b/VLT-MAN-ESO-17200-0908.pdf).

Such tools is tcl based and its functionalities do not differ too much from the dejagnu one.
Within the projects using TAT has been already developed a cospicuous number of test suites that represent the
legacy of the tool.
We are currently thinking, within our EGO software group, to start a project wich aim is the merging of TAT within dejagnu in a way that preserve backward compatibility with the existing TAT test suites.

For such project we are currently offering a dedicated internship that should start this summer.
We would like wery much this to happen within the official dejagnu project so that our contribution become an enhancement of the tool

Would this be possible?
In wich way that shoud be arraged?

Thanks for your attention

Franco Carbognani

--
Franco Carbognani
European Gravitational Observatory (EGO)