Re: Integration of the TAT tool into dejagnu proposal

From: Franco Carbognani
Subject: Re: Integration of the TAT tool into dejagnu proposal
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:00:21 +0100

Rob Savoye wrote:
Franco Carbognani wrote:

The version of dejagnu we put together and that we are keep testing
seems very well fitting our needs and should potentially feet the
needs of all the project currently using TAT.
I want to remark we simply made an interface extension, existing
dejagnu features are kept unchanged.

  Interesting... I do like adding sets of tests to run, a features that
has been on the TODO list for a long time.

I kindly ask to have your feedback on the extensions we have made to
dejagnu and your opinion on if and how we could proceed to bring what
we have done on the dejagnu official release

  Is it possible to get a snapshot of your changes ? The code you added
is hopefully GPL'd, as DejaGnu is, so it can be added ? If your changes
don't effect the existing GCC/GDB/Binutils/Samba testsuites, and the
licensing is ok, then we could do an new DejaGnu release once this is
stably integrated.

    - rob -

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for you reply.

I have made available a snapshot of our changes (as tar/gzip file) under this web link:
https://workarea.ego-gw.it/ego2/ego/itf/software/tat-deja-gnu/resolveuid/711499f1ae3bc6acd699f86aa28e560f
Let me know if you have any problem in dowloading it.

The TAT code that we are reusing is already under LGPL within the ACS  distribution  see:
http://www.eso.org/%7Ealmamgr/AlmaAcs/index.html

The modifications we made are mainly within runtest.exp plus we have added a tat.exp file into the lib directory
I belive that the modifications we made into runtest.exp should be stable enough.
What is still under development is the contens of tat.exp and the corresponding TAT functionalities we are replicating, but this
should have no inpact on the existing dejagnu testsuites.

We look forward the result of your code review for any needed improvements/fixes

Thanks and Regards

Franco

--
Franco Carbognani
European Gravitational Observatory (EGO)