Re: Please help - trying use runtest to test gdb....

From: noam_a
Subject: Re: Please help - trying use runtest to test gdb....
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 00:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

Markus Deuling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> noam_a schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>> please please help
>> i'm trying to use dejagnu runtest for testing gdb, but i want to use
>> another
>> compiler than the default one (gcc).
>> i tried alot of ways (runtest CC=armcc tool gdb etc....)
>> but it seems that always it take the default one.
>> please, is there anyone know how i can change it???
>
> After you configured and build GDB using "make" you can just do a "make
> check" and it will run
> the testsuite with the default settings (the GDB you just build, default
> compiler, ...)
>
> This way you can give Dejagnu another compiler:
> make RUNTESTFLAGS="CC_FOR_TARGET=/path/to/compiler" check
>
> If you want to know more about what is dejagnu doing, add one or more "-v
> " to RUNTESTFLAGS.
>

> --
> Markus Deuling
> GNU Toolchain for Linux on Cell BE
> address@hidden

Thanks a lot, it's work fine.
but now i found another problem....
it seems that my compiler can not handle pathes in the form
/cygdrive/c/path/to/tests
but only pathes like  c:/path/to/test
so, in every compilation command it's failed.

maybe someone know if the user can specify the directory?
it seems it take the path from `pwd` command but it's not reasonable to
change any `pwd` command to an absoloute one.....
is there a way to do it from the yser interface?

Thanks a lot!