RE: time out from degagnu

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: time out from degagnu
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:26:18 +0100

On 29 August 2007 03:53, Rob Savoye wrote:

> noam_a wrote:
>
>> when i execute the test on my version of gdb, it failed with timeout.
>> but! when i execute the commands for gdv directly threw gdb console' it
>> seems that every thing work fine and there is no susspend or something like
>> that.
>
>   Often these are buffering issues. You can run with --debug and -v to
> see the patterns expect is trying to match, plus the buffer contents.

  In the case of cygwin, if Noam is running the tests in a DOS-box style
standard
console window, it might help to play with the '(no)tty' option in the CYGWIN
environment variable.  (It might not, but it relates to how process' stdio is
routed, so could be relevant).

  See http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html.

    cheers,
      DaveK