Episode 1.4.4: A New Release

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Episode 1.4.4: A New Release
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:29:23 +0100

I didn't find any plans or notes about a newer release than
dejagnu-1.4.4 in the archives.  So, can I please have one? ;)

It would have saved me from scratching my head about a strange
difference in test-results between gcc testruns targeting a
simulator on Debian etch system compared to a Fedora 8 system
(otherwise similar-enough amd64 setups, dejagnu-1.4.4 of the
respective distribution package) only to find, after some
digging, that the difference was due to the Debian dejagnu
package maintainer (hi Dan) being quite more active than the
Fedora package maintainer, in that a bugfix from 2004(!) was
imported in the Debian version, namely
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dejagnu/2004-06/msg00008.html>.

I *could* try and convince the Fedora dejagnu package maintainer
to import the same patch, but then again why not do it AFAIK
right, and ask for a new release?  It's been four years...
(Can I be of some assistance?)

brgds, H-P
PS. if not: Dan, can you please import new baseboards/* too?