Assistance Request

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Assistance Request
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:26:41 -0600

Hi,

I asked on the gcc list but I hope someone here
can help me out.  I really do want to be able to
post gcc test results for RTEMS targets.

Starting with what I know.  This is for the SPARC/SIS
BSP for RTEMS.

To compile:
sparc-rtems4.9-gcc -B${RTEMSBSP_prefix} \
  -specs bsp_specs -qrtems -g -O2 -mcpu=cypress \
  -c FILE.c

To Link:
sparc-rtems4.9-gcc -B${RTEMSBSP_prefix} \
  -specs bsp_specs -qrtems -g  -mcpu=cypress \
  -o TEST_EXECUTABLE OBJECTS HARNESS.o

To Run:

sis-4.9 TEST_EXECUTABLE

RTEMS programs start with a "Init" thread.  So
we will have build "HARNESS.c" and link with it
in each test executable.

RTEMS applications do not return the exit status
to the environment. So it will have to print
pass/fail based on the exit value.  I vaguely
remember this not being a big deal for DejaGNU.

If I can get one worked out, I can make it happen
for the others but I can't unravel the magic yet. :(

Please.

--joel