Re: Assistance Request

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Re: Assistance Request
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:18:52 +0100

> From: "Dave Korn" <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:05:18 -0000

> On 12 February 2008 15:48, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > I am getting arguments through now.  I am on Fedora 8
> > and the DejaGNU RPM doesn't seem to support ~/.dejagnurc.

No, it must be for some other reason.  It does work for me; my
autotester runs on F 8.

> > make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="\
> >
> RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/home/joel/work-gnat/423/bsp-install/powerpc-rtems4.9/psim
> > \
> > --target=powerpc-rtems4.9 \
> > --target_board=rtems-powerpc-sim --all \
> > "

If you need that "--target", something else is wrong.
What does the "--all" mean?  I can't see it being used anywhere;
neither runtest, runtest.exp nor the gcc ${tool}_option_proc's.

>   One random other thing, I have this line in my board.exp:
>
> # The simulator isn't really remote.
> set_board_info isremote 0
>
>   I think you'll need that as well.

Why?

No, don't do that; don't add random things for no known reason.
If you "need it", it's because something else is wrong and you're
papering over it.

brgds, H-P