howto handle targets I can't execute

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: howto handle targets I can't execute
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:05:17 -0600

Hi,

Thanks again for all the help.  I posted some results
this morning and you guys deserve a big thank you.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-02/msg00868.html

I am in the middle of a run on sparc-rtems4.9 for sis.

On to the next matter.  I can only run tests automatically
for a handful of the RTEMS targets.  I am working to
expand that set but it is always going to be an issue.

What's the proper way to handle a target I don't have
a simulator or target hardware for?  Is there a standard
way to just go through the build sequence, not even
attempt to run anything and still report the results
in way that is meaningful?

Thanks.

--joel