Re: howto handle targets I can't execute

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: howto handle targets I can't execute
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:44:03 -0600

Dave Korn wrote:
On 13 February 2008 16:05, Joel Sherrill wrote:

On to the next matter.  I can only run tests automatically
for a handful of the RTEMS targets.  I am working to
expand that set but it is always going to be an issue.

What's the proper way to handle a target I don't have
a simulator or target hardware for?  Is there a standard
way to just go through the build sequence, not even
attempt to run anything and still report the results
in way that is meaningful?

  Yes, you can build a cross-targeted compiler and should at least get sane
results for e.g. the compile tests, only the execute tests actually require a
real target.

I want those to compile also.  Compile and link failures would
matter.  Is there a way to make that meaningful?
  You could always compile "int main() { abort (); }" and supply it as a
stand-in for a real simulator if there's a hole in the framework needs
plugging :-)

Or one that printed "*** EXIT code 0
    cheers,
      DaveK

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985