Re: honoring gcc test stack size

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: honoring gcc test stack size
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:20:38 -0600

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:59:17 -0600
From: Joel Sherrill <address@hidden>

OK.  I will add it to the GCC Projects page.
Would this go into the Bug Patrol section of the
Beginner Projects section?

By the name of it, it sounds like it.

I know they will need help for sure to get started.
I'm not sure a non-executable setup would make much sense,
Maybe from a general perspective not but you
have to understand the RTEMS world.  We distribute
RPMs for a number of cross targets.  We build those
using mock for at least 5-7 GNU/Linux distributions
plus MinGW.   For the past few release branches:

4.6 has 12 targets
4.7 has 9 targets
4.8 has 12 targets
4.9 has 11 targets

We are lucky to have simulators for 3-5 of those
architectures and rely on user reports for hardware
on the others.  Right now, if it builds everything
cleanly, we build RTEMS.  Then we cross our
fingers and hope for the best.  I want to improve
on that.

Building and linking all of gcc-tests is an
improvement over the current situation.

For Ada tasking test, you have to have a clock
tick so many of the gdb simulators are not
good enough.  sparc/sis, powerpc/psim, and
mips/jmr3904 simulators in gdb are
high enough functionality to be useful for
testing RTEMS tasking and Ada task on top
of that.

but
if so, it seems simplest to fake a simulator as:
 set_board_info sim false

I'll try that next.
brgds, H-P
--joel