Re: SIM env. variable question in baseboards

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: Re: SIM env. variable question in baseboards
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 23:34:47 +0200

> From: "Steve Ellcey " <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 23:03:22 +0200

> I am trying to create a generic baseboard file in dejagnu for use in
> testing GCC with a simulator.

Most GCC targets already have baseboard files that fit the
simulators (for newlib targets) that cohabit with gdb, but a
generic baseboard file is certainly on the wishlist.  (One was
put together at a gccsummit BOF some years ago, but I guess it
was lost in action.)

>  Rather then specify the simulator name
> in the baseboard I want to use the SIM env. variable, but that does not
> seem to be working.   Does any one know why?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that, I just want to add that
for a generic baseboard file to be usable please also make the
dejagnu ldflags adjustable by appending a unique environment
variable if it exists, something like DEJAGNU_SIM_LDFLAGS.
Thinking about it, better make the same for all the
set_board_info options.

brgds, H-P