Re: Using qemu with gcc/gdb testsuites

From: David Fernandez
Subject: Re: Using qemu with gcc/gdb testsuites
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:05:27 +0100

As I reckon, it must.

But looking at dejagnu/baseboards I don't recognize anything remotely
similar to calling an emulator executable with parameters that look like
comms options.

All them just set a few very general variables that don't quite tell you
how they exactly apply to the qemu case, and call one or two general
tcl/expect procedures that don't tell you much either.

I guess I need to know what files I need to create and what examples
show a similar case as to using qemu, or perhaps some directions to the
documentation sections that explain what you can do with those files and
the required things you should put in them.

When just running "make -k check RUNTESTFLAGS=--target_board=arm-sim" it
just complains about a global config file missing, and that's it, it
seems to hang waiting for something to answer it forever:

    WARNING: Couldn't find the global config file.
    Running
/home/davidfc/rpmbuild/BUILD/gcc-4.7.0/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/compile/compile.exp

I'm just expecting that somebody had to do something quite similar to
what I'm trying to do.

Cheers