Re: Only ~50 error messages get processed

From: Dominik Vogt
Subject: Re: Only ~50 error messages get processed
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 18:14:16 +0100

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 03:37:07PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> Hm, I've copied the .exp-scripts from gcc/testsuite/config and
> gcc/testsuite/lib and s390.exp and the test program to a separate
> directory ~/tmp/expecttest, created symlinks from
> ~/src/git/gcc/build/gcc/... to a directory in PATH and
>
>   $ /usr/bin/expect -- /usr/share/dejagnu/runtest.exp \
>       --tool gcc s390.exp=xvec-sigs-vec_all_eq-2b.C
>
> and then it works fine.

... because the error messages got shorter, and the problem did
not trigger.

Finally I managed to isolate the problem and strip down the test
environment to a few, short files.  With that it should be
possible to reproduce the problem.  Instructions:

  $ cd ~/tmp
  $ tar xzf expecttest.tgz
  $ cd expecttest
  $ EXPECT=~/tmp/expecttest/expect runtest --tool gcc foo.exp

I've tested this procedure with the current gcc trunk (upcoming
5.0 and with gcc-4.8.3).  Both show the unwanted behaviour.
Version information:

  $ runtest -V
  Expect version is     5.45
  Tcl version is                8.5