Re: relative line numbers and dg-line directive

From: Tom de Vries
Subject: Re: relative line numbers and dg-line directive
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 13:39:18 +0200

On 06/01/2017 06:27 PM, Rob Savoye wrote:
On 06/01/2017 10:23 AM, Tom de Vries wrote:

I have only tested this with the local testsuite.

I can test this more extensively with the gcc testsuite. I suppose I'll
have to test both:

   The true validation test would be a full run of cross-testing to an
embedded system, before and after the patch to see if there are any
differences. Cross testing often follows somewhat different code paths
in DejaGnu, native test runs aren't sufficient for  dg-* changes..

Hmm, I see. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Can you please submit your patch via our Savannah site at:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=additem&group=dejagnu ? Then It'll
be easier for others to test the patch.

Done: http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9371 .

I'm not sure if that means I should submit all my patches that way. For now, I'll keep submitting them here, and then submit to Savannah when invited to do so. If I shouldn't, please let me know.

Thanks,
- Tom