Re: isremote and unix board special handling question

From: Steve Ellcey
Subject: Re: isremote and unix board special handling question
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 16:57:28 +0000

On Wed, 2018-11-28 at 13:38 +1100, Ben Elliston wrote:

> Why not just put this into site.exp?
>
> append LDFLAGS $env(DEJAGNU_UNIX_SYSROOT_FLAGS)
>
> As Jacob indicated, a new baseboard is the wrong hammer.

Just to clarify, when Jacob suggests 'creating a new target',
is that the same as creating a new site.exp file?  I am not
entirely clear what 'target' means in this context.

The main reason for not creating a new site.exp file is that the
testing I am doing with dejagnu is running the GCC testsuite
and the GCC 'make check' creates the site.exp file on the fly.

I create a complete toolchain (binutils, GCC, glibc) in a non-standard
place, then I want to run the GCC testsuite with the --dynamic-linker
and --rpath flags so that the new glibc is used when testing.

I started off with:

make check RUNTESTFLAGS="CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=\

'-Wl,--dynamic-linker=/home/sellcey/tot/install/lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 \
        -Wl,-rpath=/home/sellcey/tot/install/lib64'"

This works pretty well, but some pch (pre-compiled header) tests were
failing because passing linker flags to a compile that is supposed to
create pre-compiled headers generated errors that would otherwise not be
there.  Also some C++ library tests were failing because the linker flags
were not getting passed in to them.

That led me to try and set ldflags in the baseboard file as a better way
to get these options set when testing my GCC toolchain.  In addition to
setting ldflags, I might want to set LOCPATH and GCONV_PATH at some point
so that the GCC tests find the new location and conversion information from
the alternate location as well.

Steve Ellcey
address@hidden