Re: PATCH: Update internal unit tests for changes from 22 years ago

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: PATCH: Update internal unit tests for changes from 22 years ago
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 21:03:40 -0600

On 5/21/19 8:38 PM, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
> While developing tests for default_target_compile, I ran into several
> strange problems that I eventually tracked down to an empty board_info
> array.  Apparently, when the target configuration was moved into the
> board_info array 22 years ago, the DejaGnu internal unit tests had been
> forgotten, having only been written a year earlier.  :-)  Since the
> remote and target tests have been stubs for as long as I can see, this
> breakage sat unnoticed until now.

  That's pretty funny, as the m68k support has been depreciated from the
GNU toolchain due to lack of hardware. I still have the boards in those
target settings someplace, but they haven't been powered up in 20 years.
:-) Those m6k targets were some of the earliest in DejaGnu, and those
were added to test the "debug monitor" remote protocol in GDB.

        - rob -