Re: DejaGnu unit testing protocol

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: DejaGnu unit testing protocol
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 17:19:27 -0600

On 7/22/20 5:06 PM, David Malcolm wrote:

> (I also ran into the issue that dejagnu.h's pass/fail C functions
> aren't thread-safe, which I hack around in my testsuite, replacing them
> in multi-threaded tests with ones guarded by a mutex).

  I'll be honest, when I wrote dejagnu.h, I never thought anyone would
use it but me! :-) I use it for some unrelated IOT projects. I'd love to
see it be thread safe if you have a patch. Thank you for making it
obvious I should treat that header file with a little more focus.

  I have a python version too under development for that same IOT
project. Since you're the python guru, maybe you'll take a look at it.

        - rob -