RE: testsuite under wine

From: Torbjorn SVENSSON
Subject: RE: testsuite under wine
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 10:43:01 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I experienced something similar with
Cygwin a while back.
What I had to do in order to have expect working when testing GCC on Windows 10
was to defined the "CYGWIN" environment variable to "disable_pcon"
(https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html). If I did not define
this variable, then Cygwin would inject an escape sequence that would make all
pattern checks fail on the output.

I don't know if Cygwin might has changed this behavior, but it was an issue in
the past anyway.

Kind regards,
Torbjörn