Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 15:45:19 +0200

   From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:02:28 +0200 (IST)

Eli,

   > I don't see why.  F1 invokes the application-specific help command, and
   > "C-h" in Emacs fits the bill IMHO.  In particular, "C-h" in special
   > situations like in an isearch does a much better job than "C-h r".

I think that Emacs does almost the right thing with f1. The question is
whether it could do a better job. What about opening Help menu? Do you
think it could be better for users who are used to get help by f1? To tell
the truth, I do not know. I've never used f1 to get help from Emacs.
--
Pavel Janík

Terminate input by end-of-file or marker, not by count.
                  --  The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)