Re: color-theme.el

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: color-theme.el
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 18:07:10 +0200

>     "real" themes can set customizable variables and customizable face
>     attributes, *plus* it can undo these settings when a theme is
>     uninstalled.
>
>     color-theme.el can set any variables, any face attributes, and frame
>     parameters, but no undoing of themes.
>
> If that is the difference, then does the suggestion I sent in a previous
> message on Aug 31 take care of doing it?

The existing code takes care of theme undoing, just as your suggestion
probably would.  Neither of them can install frame parameters,
however.  Then again, I don't know wether there are any settings in
Emacs 21 that can only be set via frame parameters.  All the settings
people use in color themes such as background-color, foreground-color,
cursor-color, and font can be set via faces.  The things we still
cannot set via faces or variables are not significant for color-themes
(frame sizes, for example).

If you really want undoing of themes, then your best bet is to take
the custom code that Dave Love has.

Alex.