Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: 02 Sep 2002 10:10:08 +0900

huug <address@hidden> writes:
> And no, I'm not against changing things, but changes should be well
> thought out and the current user base ought to be able to retain the
> old behaviour with one custom setting (mentioned in NEWS).

If there are specific things you dislike, you should name them
explicitly.

Most changes to the mode-line seem to have been fairly minor, so it
hardly seems to be worth the trouble to add options to revert them
(since a user who _really_ objects can always define their own mode-line
format).  Of course, some are more major, e.g. the recent (and IMHO bad)
change to the location of line-numbers.

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!