Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:18:48 +0200

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:59:58 +0300, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ah, sorry, I wasn't aware of that (you didn't show the file created
> by the command, so I was confused).

Uh? In my example, the "for" redirects to test.txt, and the bat file
then "types" the contents of test.txt surrounded by rows of "=" to
differentiate any other posible output from the contents of test.txt.

That's why in the first example (without "if") all output is between the
equal-sign rows: is the contents of the redirected file, while in the
second example (with "if"), first there's unwanted output to the screen
and then test.txt is typed, showing that it does contain just a single
line...

> Does it help to put the redirection at the beginning of the command,
> like below?

I'll try it at home ASAP. Thanks.

> (yes, it's a valid syntax for COMMAND.COM and CMD.EXE).

Live and learn :-)

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u