Re: Redisplay bug

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Redisplay bug
Date: 02 Sep 2002 15:40:33 +0900

> If you're referring to the problem with garbled redisplay with partially
> visible lines, it's still there (at least on W2K).

Yeah, I saw it today too (in a fresh-from-CVS emacs), but it was
fleeting, and I can't seem reproduce on demand (the first time it
happened when Gnus updated its *Group* buffer after a long delay reading
in new mail etc).

It does seem to be fixed in the cases I could use to reproduce before
(scrolling line-by-line until the cursor hit the end of the window), so
it's possible that this is a different bug that looks the same.

[The distinctive feature that suggests that it may be the same bug is
that the garbage characters are actually the real screen horizontally
shifted over.]

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that