Re: Redisplay bug

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Redisplay bug
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 09:06:00 +0200

On 02 Sep 2002 15:40:33 +0900, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yeah, I saw it today too (in a fresh-from-CVS emacs), but it was
> fleeting, and I can't seem reproduce on demand. It does seem to be fixed
> in the cases I could use to reproduce before (scrolling line-by-line
> until the cursor hit the end of the window),

I can reproduce it easily on my W2K MSVC-compiled Emacs:

emacs -q --no-site-file
C-h N
M-: (setq scroll-conservatively 100000)
M-x ruler-mode
<down>...                  ; until the buffer is scrolled

> [The distinctive feature that suggests that it may be the same bug is
> that the garbage characters are actually the real screen horizontally
> shifted over.]

Yes. And I reproduce it exactly like I did before, so the chance of it
being another bug seems small.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u