Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: 02 Sep 2002 18:38:58 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> > No, Kim changed it to have the `a-OR-b' definition.
>
> I'd call it a-THEN-b ...

What I meant is that _each_ invocation is either `a-OR-b'.
The user has to explicitly hit it twice to get `a-THEN-b' behavior.

> > I think it would be better to revert that change, and simply make the
> > primitive `call-last-kbd-macro' silently end any macro currently being
> > defined before executing the macro.
> Should C-x ( ...  C-x e terminate and execute the macro immediately?
>
> If so, should it still be possible to repeat the call by just hitting
> `e' or `SPC'?

Of course.

The thing to remember is that, using my suggested behavior,
`C-x e' really just means `execute the macro'.  The `end definition'
part is more like background housekeeping done for the user's
convenience, and I doubt most users would ever think about it; there's
no need to distinguish it from uses of `C-x e' afterwards.

-Miles
--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.