Re: regex and case-fold-search problem

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: regex and case-fold-search problem
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:54:16 -0400

    >     > It is wrong even for ASCII
    >     Do you have any evidence to support that claim ?
    > You yourself said it would match characters which
    > were not case-equivalent to something in the originally specified range.

    When was it ?  I'd guess that was before I installed my patch.

src/ChangeLog does not list any recent changes in regex.c.
Did you install a change and fail to put it in ChangeLog?

Anyway, the change you sent seemed to have the problem of including
excess characters in ASCII ranges.  The change can't stay if it has
that problem.